May 25, 2011

CHARLESTON BOUND... Thank Goodness

Today is a great day...

Paty and I are heading to Charleston for a Fun, Relaxing weekend with the newlyweds at the beach.

Wanna Know Why it's Great? I will Tell you.

Today We Fly Direct: Hallelujah
















We Get this:


















Instead of this:



















Now this picture seems disturbing - You honestly have no idea...

This is a Cicada. Currently they have taken over Nashville. They are in all the trees, they have attached themselves to buildings and are covering my windows.


These bugs make the most annoying clicking sound. During the day you are not given the option to sit outside as you can not hear anything or anyone over the sounds they make. Nor do you want to sit outside because they are blind and dive bomb at your head.
Additionally, when they die they fall out of there shell or something. There is a shell of their body on the wall and they lay on the ground. EWWWWW
It gets worse, they are now in my living room - Somehow they were getting down the chimney.  Sarah and  our beloved vacuum cleaned 4 up yesterday and I scooped 4 the previous day.  This is unacceptable.

Here are some funny Cicada Facebook post just this morning:


real life nightmare: cicada in my hair. I didn't react how I thought I would. I instantly started crying for 10 min. terrified he is still near.



how can there be any cicadas left when every car driving down the interstate kills 50 each drive? don't you love the sound when they hit your windshield?? BLEGH!



Well, the Cicada Rapture started today in West Nashville. Maybe they're mini aliens. FREAKIN LOUD alien bugs.



I watched a landscaper today tie down the throttle on his weedeater with a string and left it on the sidewalk running wide-open. The sound of his weedeater whining at full throttle attracted every Cicada on Westend to impending doom. When I exited Which-Which he was still beaming with pride over his ever-growing pile of dead insects.


I am sure I will pay for this, but...man is it hilarious to watch people freak out when a cicada lands on them!


This morning battle lines were drawn in the humans vs. Cicadawar... On my windshield. It's gruesome.




Needless to Say I could not be more excited to see these folks..



And play with this little Man.



Praying for a safe flight and loads and loads of FuN!

No comments:

Post a Comment