May 09, 2011

Advice

Yes.. This is supposed to be one of those blogs where you check in, learn something new - Smile, Maybe Comment then go about your day.  However, today I need you to provide the advice.

What to do:

So there is this lady who works down the hall from me, for another company.  She walks by our office and occasionally comes in to say hello - we always wave.

Since our first meeting we have become bathroom pals.  You know the type.  We catch each other on a bathroom break, catchup on life inform each other about our busy day - Laugh about something .. You know things like why her mother is afraid of storms and how her air conditioning is out.  The Usual.

Today she hit me with a curveball.  "Guess what tomorrow is Katie" My Guess: "You get a new air conditioning unit?" hummm.. who knew?

"Nope" She replied "It's the big 60" Followed by some sort of really cute fist pump.  So we cheered and laughed and thats when she said it, "I have not told anybody but you, not making it a big deal" WHATTTTTT..... We threw a surprise party for my Dad with matches and fruit nameplates.  Somebody has to celebrate my bathroom pals Birthday.

Here is where I get lost.  I spend to much money on folks and often make mountains out of molehills.

What should I do?  I won't be in the office tomorrow but will be back Thursday - Should I make an effort for my BP (Bathroom Pal's) Big 60?

Comments are encouraged!

Happy Monday.

1 comment:

  1. That is hysterical. It definitely sounds like she is reaching out to you to try to get a little attention on her 60th. How sad that it seems like no one is doing anything, or at least that she seems to think this!! I wouldn't spend much $$ but do something thoughtful but not super personal (after all, she is only your bathroom pal). Maybe a great votive candle with a card that says you hope she can take a break from work to relax. Or some cute bath thing and on a little note you can sign it "your bathroom pal" or something like that.
    Or, realize that you don't really know her and next time you are in the bathroom together ask her how her 60th birthday went :)

    ReplyDelete